SQL Planner boost SQL Server Administration with following featuresServer Monitoring, Health Analysis, Space Analysis: Once DBA define Server to monitor , based on historical data or live data, SQL Planner generates 50+ analytical report as following :
1. Performance counters Reports list :
- Average connection counts Database level and server level
- Database page usage , Cache Page , SQL Cache memory usage
- Buffer Cache Hit ratio , Check point page per second
- PLE number , Lock Memory , Buffer pool memory, Lazy write Per sec
- Batch Request , SQL Compilation and recompilation
- SQL process, Non SQL process and Total CPU Usage based on hourly aggregated and per minute wise
- SQL process, Non SQL process and Total Memory Usage based on hourly aggregated and per minute wise
- Overall IO Usage by Database
- IO Usage by database logical database file
- Read and Write trend by database wise
- Overall Disk Size utilized vs free space
- Databases wise total size growth trend graph
- Disk drive usage growth analysis trend
- Server connectivity failure or success report
- SQL server Error Log report based on error occurrence
7. Expensive Top Stored Procedure and Statistics
Generates 4 different reports on expensive stored procedure by overall wise , by IO and by CPU wise.
8. Expensive Top Queries by CPU / IO reports
Generates 6 different reports on expensive SQL Queries by overall wise , by IO and by CPU wise in given time duration.
Setting Alert on Database server
The feature allows you to receive alerts when your server is down, when database data or log file exceeds to specific size, when CPU / RAM usage exceeds to specific threshold values, SPACE shortage, any word occurrence of errors/warning/terminate/dead in SQL error log found , it can send you email about it and post details about it Server health report section.
When alert are defined on specific server, it also gets server health related Meta data and allows you to analyze historical server resource usage, bottleneck, expensive query by CPU / IO etc without connecting to your SQL server and thereby saving server hits and access from one location.
Feature booster to SQL Server Express edition:
SQL server express edition always comes without Agent – which has scheduling jobs capability, without Maintenance plan – having several plans like automatic Backup , Index maintenance , Shrink Database , update statistics , Notify operator , Execute T-SQL Statement etc.
With SQL Planner, you can do all above task without your complex own scripting code. Apart from this, it also allows you to view automatic track on Health status and monitoring and alert on specific events – specific threshold CPU, RAM , Disk, Database space, Server Heartbeat usage , which is very light weight. Visit to Feature Page to know more.
Backup with Auto-restore
Perform Database Backup to server disk, shared disk and automate it,encrypt it, delete backup file after specific days ,with several other option and optionally auto schedule to restore database back file on to other test server and validate backup file there, at the end it sends a report on its status of backup file after running DBCC CheckDB command..
Database Scripting Automation
Allows you to generate SQL server database script and automate it,what this means is – it can do backup at tables level or the selective objects level in script format(Create and insert statement), a unique feature, saves as zipped file with .sql file in SQL Planner server disk.
Index Maintenance, update statistics
Maintain Indexes, update statistics and schedule it, organization running SQL express edition loves these feature.
SQL Server version and edition supported
2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2019, all editions including express.
SQL planner has 2 license mode :
Free : it is best for express edition users or for evaluation purpose in which it is valid for 6 months with restriction of only 5 monitoring server or jobs in combination.
Professional : Licensing is machine based that Allowed for Unlimited server and instance, unlimited users and unlimited jobs from the machine in which it is installed.
Below feature are my roadmap for next 2-3 years.
- Several Health Reports addition on health
- Several addition on alert, missing index suggestion etc.
- Advance Options on Index maintenance.
- Query Editor and execution.
- that most of DBA will Request or vote.
- Application look and feel enhancement.